MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Full Text Search issue
Posted by: Randall Carlson
Date: December 09, 2004 01:20PM

I am somewhat new to MySQL and I'm current working on a project that is using version 4.0.20. The project requires me to have full-text functionality and I've been experiencing some oddities.

I've recently been developing some additional functionality where I am filtering a result of a full-text search by month and year. The index has been configured to include 3 letter words.

I am selecting on a column that is stored as varchar with a full text index in a table of approx 2,300,000+ rows. When I restrict by MAY XX it returns 0 hits.

SELECT * FROM message_archive WHERE MATCH (date_time) AGAINST ('"MAY 04"' IN BOOLEAN MODE);

But I know for a fact that there are MAY XX rows in the table, because when I change the query I get hits.

SELECT * FROM message_archive WHERE date_time LIKE '%MAY 04';

This only happens with the string month of MAY all others seem to work fine (APR, DEC, etc...).

Is there something I am missing here?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Full Text Search issue
December 09, 2004 01:20PM
December 09, 2004 03:43PM
law
January 25, 2005 11:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.