MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

FULL TEXT + JOIN
Posted by: Luca Prete
Date: October 06, 2011 03:18AM

Goodmorning everybody,

I'm new to the forum, and maybe also a little bit new with MySQL. I know more or less basical things, but, in this case I've found lots of difficults. I tried to docuemnt my self about this problem before writing you, but of course I didn't find anything usefull. I think this should be one of the best places where to ask. Let me introduce the problem:

I've two tables (I simplify structure removing unusefull fields)

- users: id | name | surname

- friendships: idRequest | idReceive | status

I've also defined a first full text index in users for name and surname

When a user has to search for a new friend everything goes correctlly with this query:

SELECT id, name, surname, city, img,
MATCH(name, surname) AGAINST('*$friend*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS importance
FROM users
WHERE MATCH(name, surname) AGAINST('*$friend*' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY importance DESC

Now, the thing is: I would have the following situation: when a person make a research for a new friend a list of people appear (thanks to the first query). On each line that appears in the page there's a button. I would see a button called "Add friend" if I don't have any relation with the person (no records in friendships) or see a button called "Waiting for.." when there's already a request in friendships (status=1).

I know the request id from a session variable let's say called "myId"

My tried to create indexes on a view but I discovered it's impossible....

Do you have any idea?

Thanks previously for your help, and sorry for my English!!

Luca Prete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
FULL TEXT + JOIN
October 06, 2011 03:18AM
October 06, 2011 03:51AM
October 11, 2011 08:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.