MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Full text search containing email address
Posted by: Craig Chapman
Date: March 29, 2014 04:24AM

I have mysql community 5.6.13 on 2 mac laptops - one with os x 10.8 and another with os x 10.9.

As far as I can tell, the installations of mysql are the same but the same full text search behaves differently on each installation.

The query I have is:

select legal_matter.* from legal_matter left join user_account on user_account.id = legal_matter.lawyer_id left join client_account on client_account.id = legal_matter.client_account_id where user_account.username = 'user@domain.com.au' AND (MATCH(legal_matter.question) AGAINST ('user@domain.com.au' IN BOOLEAN MODE) or legal_matter.display_name like '%user@domain.com.au%' or client_account.company_name like '%user@domain.com.au%');

On the laptop with 10.8, the query executes normally, on the laptop with 10.9, the query complains:

Error Code: 1064. syntax error, unexpected '@', expecting $end

I have no idea if it has anything to do with the different OS versions, I suspect not but am at a loss as to what the issue is.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Full text search containing email address
March 29, 2014 04:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.