MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Direct access to full-text index
Posted by: Andreas Mayer
Date: January 12, 2009 05:04AM

Hi,

For an AutoComplete feature (for instance, when you type "My", all words in the database' contents with "My*" should be offered to choose) on a Website I want to access the entries of a table's fulltext index directly, i.e. without SELECT * which returns a bunch of columns where I have to filter out my words myself.

myisam_ftdump does exactly what I want, but it lists _all_ words of the fulltext index while I only want words with a certain prefix (in this example case "My").

I read the source of myisam_ftdump, compiled it, played around and now I think that I know how it works. But now I want to change the behaviour from listing (done by using mi_rnext() on the fulltext index repeatedly) to searching. How do I do this? I have tried with mi_rkey() (but that would return only one row, correctly?), _mi_search(), ... but I always get return code -1 or error 120. Also, I don't know how I should prepare the query ("My") to be a valid key for which I have to search. I also don't know what thinks like key_part_map are. Is there any internal documentation? Or how can I find out these things?

Any help would be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Direct access to full-text index
January 12, 2009 05:04AM
January 17, 2009 01:29PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.