MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Encrypting Full Text tables?
Posted by: Xing Liu
Date: May 23, 2017 11:58PM

So I have a table supporting a chat application we're evaluating (mattermost, to be precise). It uses a 'Posts' folder to store the body text of messages/posts. The same body text must however be searchable.

Since at-rest message encryption is not supported at the application level, I'm using innodb tablespace encryption to satisfy the security requirement, which also protects backups. Binary logs are being purged.

The problem thats left are the full text index auxiliary tables, which are stored in files alongside the user tables because TDE requires file_per_table setting. Is there a way to apply tablespace encryption to these index tables? If not, Is there any other way to protect data in these files? I'm talking about the FTS_<long string of numbers>_<lots of other numbers>_INDEX_0 ... tables.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Encrypting Full Text tables?
May 23, 2017 11:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.