MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Challenge FULLTEXT : email alerts 99% done, HELP!
Posted by: Giacomo Biondi Morra
Date: March 06, 2006 08:19AM

Hello,

I made this original post here http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,73371,73371#msg-73371 but got no answers so far... (4 days). The request seems to better fit in this forum. Here it is :

I made substantial progress and the function is 99% done now, but we have ONE little problem with the FULLTEXT part... :-(

I now have the following request that works really fine :

SELECT alertes.*, annonces.ann_id, count(annonces.ann_id) AS nba FROM alertes, annonces
WHERE
annonces.rub = alertes.al_rub AND

IF (alertes.al_code_pays<>0, annonces.code_pays = alertes.al_code_pays, 1 ) AND
IF (alertes.al_code_region<>0, annonces.code_region = alertes.al_code_region, 1) AND
IF (alertes.al_bat<>0, annonces.bat = alertes.al_bat, 1) AND

IF (alertes.al_q<>'', MATCH (annonces.titre, annonces.text, annonces.lieu) AGAINST ('my keyword' IN BOOLEAN MODE), 1) AND

annonces.status=0 AND
annonces.online=1
GROUP BY alertes.al_id

BUT I have a serious problem when I try to use matching with FullText. This request refuses to work, why????

I get :
"Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html........"

SELECT alertes.*, annonces.ann_id, count(annonces.ann_id) AS nba FROM alertes, annonces
WHERE
annonces.rub = alertes.al_rub AND

IF (alertes.al_code_pays<>0, annonces.code_pays = alertes.al_code_pays, 1 ) AND
IF (alertes.al_code_region<>0, annonces.code_region = alertes.al_code_region, 1) AND
IF (alertes.al_bat<>0, annonces.bat = alertes.al_bat, 1) AND

IF (alertes.al_q<>'', MATCH (annonces.titre, annonces.text, annonces.lieu) AGAINST (alertes.al_q IN BOOLEAN MODE), 1) AND

annonces.status=0 AND
annonces.online=1
GROUP BY alertes.al_id

Please help. I am stuck on this. I am sure it is just a little thing.

Best regards,

Giacomo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2006 08:20AM by Giacomo Biondi Morra.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Challenge FULLTEXT : email alerts 99% done, HELP!
March 06, 2006 08:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.