MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Help required in Full Text Search
Posted by: us97013
Date: May 17, 2006 02:34AM

Hi all,

I have following query:

keywords = "Smallville Clark"
queryString = "SELECT Id, Name, Rank, Picture FROM MyTable Where Match(Tags, Name) Against ('" + keywords + "' in boolean mode) order by rank desc;";

Now the problem is that I want to get the records in the order of search relevance first (i.e. those records which contain both 'Smallville' and 'Clark' should be up in the records return then those which have only one of those keywords or those having not both keywords should not be returned at all) and then in the order of rank. Could you please tell me how can I change my query then.

Also another problem that I have found is that my search is case sensitive (although MySQL docs says that fulltext search is case insensitive) so searching for keywords like "smallville clark" does not return the same result as "Smallville Clark" (actually no result at all) so please tell me how can I make it case insensitive?

Thanks,

Arsalan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Help required in Full Text Search
May 17, 2006 02:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.