MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

Cannot edit tables in Query Browser
Posted by: Kate Haddow
Date: May 11, 2005 10:36AM

I've installed the Query Browser v1.1.9 on my XP machine, from where I've set up connections to three MySQL installations:
1. on the XP localhost (mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.9)
2. on a redhat Linux machine on the internal network (Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58)
3. on a FreeBSD(4.8) machine on an external IP (Ver 12.17 Distrib 4.0.10-gamma)
Connecting as the user 'root' to the three 'mysql' databases, the Edit button at the bottom of the report area is enabled for (1) and (2), but is greyed out for (3).

Looking at the mysqldumps of the 'mysql.user' table, all looks fine, with the 'Host' and 'User' columns being set up to be the primary keys.
So why is the Edit button greyed out for the FreeBSD connection?

I cannot edit any databases or tables in the FreeBSD connection from the Query Browser; I use the mysql table as an example as it will be familiar to everyone. In all three cases, I can edit the tables from the MySQL Command Line Client; so I don't think it can be a permissions problem.
The FreeBSD installation differs from the other two in that it is the only one on which I have enabled logging, both binary and the full text log. Could this be relevant?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot edit tables in Query Browser
May 11, 2005 10:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.