MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

Unable to Compile Version 1.1.9 on Linux
Posted by: Bernard Lineham
Date: May 22, 2005 06:29PM

I have tried to compile version 1.1.9 of the mysql-query-browser on my Ubuntu (5.04 AMD64) distribution of Linux. The compilation has failed. I was previously able to build version 1.1.7 without any problems. (Although the previous version seg faulted when trying to connect to a database, that is the reason I am trying to build this newer version.)

The compilation fails when trying to run make against the mysql-query-browser component. The common-gui components seem to build okay. The output from the make command follows below. Any advice on how to resolve this problem would me most appreciated.

bjl@hephaistos:~/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser$ make
Making all in library
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library'
Making all in source
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/source'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/source'
Making all in tests
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests'
Making all in test_query_analyze
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_query_analyze'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_query_analyze'
Making all in test_query_composition
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_query_composition'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_query_composition'Making all in test_strip_sql
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_strip_sql'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests/test_strip_sql'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library/tests'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/library'
Making all in source
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source'
Making all in linux
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source/linux'
cd ../.. && /bin/sh /home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/missing --run autoheader
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
cd ../.. && /bin/sh ./config.status source/linux/config.h
config.status: creating source/linux/config.h
config.status: source/linux/config.h is unchanged
make all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source/linux'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DXTHREADS -pthread -DORBIT2=1 -I/usr/include/libglade-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libgtkhtml-3.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomeprint-2.2 -I/usr/include/libgnomeprintui-2.2 -I/usr/include/gal-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtkmm-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtkmm-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/sigc++-1.2/include -I/usr/include/sigc++-1.2 -I/usr/include/mysql -DBIG_JOINS=1 -I../../../mysql-gui-common/source/linux -I../../../mysql-gui-common/library/include -I../../../mysql-gui-common/library/shared_include -I../../library/include -I../../source/linux/gtksourceview -DPREFIX=\"""\" -DDATADIRNAME=\""share"\" -DCOMMONDIRNAME=\""common"\" -g -O2 -MT MGResultSetModel.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/MGResultSetModel.Tpo" -c -o MGResultSetModel.o MGResultSetModel.cc; \
then mv -f ".deps/MGResultSetModel.Tpo" ".deps/MGResultSetModel.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/MGResultSetModel.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `virtual bool
MGResultSetModel::iter_next_vfunc(GtkTreeIter*)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:116: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc:116: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc:117: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel::iter_nth_child_vfunc(GtkTreeIter*, const GtkTreeIter*,
int)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:156: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `virtual Gtk::TreePath
MGResultSetModel::get_path_vfunc(const Gtk::TreeIter&)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:190: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel::get_iter_vfunc(GtkTreeIter*, const Gtk::TreePath&)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:220: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `bool MGResultSetModel::get_value(const
Gtk::TreeIter&, unsigned int, void*&, guint&)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:232: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `virtual void
MGResultSetModel::get_value_vfunc(const Gtk::TreeIter&, int, GValue*)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:313: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc:367: error: no matching function for call to `
MGResultSetModel::get_value(const Gtk::TreeIter&, int&, void*&, gsize&)'
MGResultSetModel.cc:227: error: candidates are: bool
MGResultSetModel::get_value(const Gtk::TreeIter&, unsigned int, void*&,
guint&)
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `void MGResultSetModel::set_value(const
Gtk::TreeIter&, int, void*, unsigned int)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:402: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `MYX_RS_ROW*
MGResultSetModel::get_iter_row(const Gtk::TreeIter&)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:479: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `Gtk::TreeIter
MGResultSetModel::append()':
MGResultSetModel.cc:490: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size
MGResultSetModel.cc: In member function `void MGResultSetModel::erase(const
Gtk::TreeIter&)':
MGResultSetModel.cc:501: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
make[3]: *** [MGResultSetModel.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source/linux'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source/linux'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bjl/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser/source'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
bjl@hephaistos:~/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9.tar.gz_FILES/mysql-query-browser-1.1.9/mysql-query-browser$

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to Compile Version 1.1.9 on Linux
May 22, 2005 06:29PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.