MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

GeekGumbo: MySQL Workbench 5.2 – a Review
Posted by: Edwin DeSouza
Date: June 30, 2010 10:42AM

http://www.geekgumbo.com/2010/06/27/mysql-workbench-5-2-24-rc3-a-review/

The older (now EOL) MySQL Administrator and the accompanying MySQL Query Browser were tools that were much beloved, that you kept going back to, and using over and over again, like a nice fitting driving gloves, comfortable, useful, and empowering. Since I started working with MySQL, I can’t remember not having them on my desktop, ready at a moments notice.

Because of that, I have looked upon MySQL Workbench with much suspicion and doubt. And indeed before this release, I would say the MySQL Workbench could not replace the previous Administrator and Query Browser. Now, I’m not too sure. With this release that has changed. Workbench includes the integration of MySQL Administrator, and MySQL Query Browser into an integrated environment.

MySQL Workbench is coming into its own. The Developers Tools Team should be applauded for their dedication and persistence to get it right, and the outcome of this dedication is that MySQL Workbench is getting better and better. I would look for the official release to follow closely after this RC 3 release. I recommend you not wait for the official release, go ahead, and get this release now, and start using it. There is much to discover as you integrate Workbench into your databases, and begin working with it. Enjoy.

Full review:
http://www.geekgumbo.com/2010/06/27/mysql-workbench-5-2-24-rc3-a-review/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 11:07AM by Edwin DeSouza.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 30, 2010 10:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.