MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

MySQL starts automatically strange "SELECT * FROM a JOIN b USING" query
Posted by: Maxim Shchetynin
Date: February 21, 2012 12:15PM

Hello,

I have migrated my Joomla/VirtueMart shop to a new Virtuemart 2.0.0. In this version of VirtueMart a table of products is splitted into two (at least) tables called `joomla_virtuemart_products` and `joomla_virtuemart_products_de_de`. After this migration I noticed periodical heavy performance degradation. After a short investigation I have mentioned that MySQL starts approx. every one minute the following SQL-query (I can see it in a list of MySQL-processes):

SELECT *
FROM `joomla_virtuemart_products_de_de` AS l
JOIN `joomla_virtuemart_products` AS p
USING

I have checked source codes of both Joomla and VirtueMart and did not found anything which could produce such kind of query.

This query causes me a pretty big problem because my products tables have entries for about 200000 products, therefore when this query starts it makes my shop almost unaccessible for about 20-30 seconds, and it repeats almost every minute.

Does anyone have had similar problem and could advise me what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL starts automatically strange "SELECT * FROM a JOIN b USING" query
February 21, 2012 12:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.