MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

MySQL Server has gone Away - Error 2006
Posted by: Az Erty
Date: November 02, 2005 03:37PM

I am just wondering, all my other clients works without problems (MySQLFront v2.5, phpMyAdmin, mysqlcc) but QueryBrowser keeps to loose server as soon as the connection have to cross a few routers (NB. it also sometimes happens on local network) !

Atm, it's not really a problem because I could rely on others clients but I like some of the fancy features of QB and most important, it's the only one still maintained (phpMyAdmin also, but it's not a standalone client).

What could be done to avoid this error ? I tried to tweak the XML config file but it refuses to have more than 1 advanced option (so as I alredy use COMPRESS=Yes, CONNECT-TIMEOUT=3600 is removed at startup).

btw. funny behaviour, you can always expand the DBs to see the tables -> fetching datas, etc... (it's the only thing working w/o problem from anywhere) but a simple "select * from xyz limit 10" always fail with the error: MySQL Server has gone Away - Error 2006 :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestion !

[EDIT] Forgot to specify the version 1.1.17
[EDIT2]well the advanced option INTERACTIVE_TIMEOUT=3600 disappear anyway (even being the single advanced option)
[EDIT3]Well getting no answer... maybe because all informations weren't filled ?!? so:
QB : 1.1.17
MySQL: 4.0.12 (Linux Suse 9.1)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2005 05:04AM by Az Erty.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server has gone Away - Error 2006
November 02, 2005 03:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.