MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

error 1054: Unknown column
Posted by: methodology
Date: July 06, 2006 01:29AM

Hi

im using mysql as a backend for media wiki latest rev. We already have a wiki in place but im changing servers and therefore im backing up the data from mysql v 4.1 and restoring it to a new mysql 5 installation on a different box.

Im getting consistent errors however that I am sure to do with the dbase structure rather than any wiki wierdness, though I could be completely wrong in this as my experience with both mysql and media wiki is 1 whole afternoon..

Im getting:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Block::loadRange". MySQL returned error "1054: Unknown column 'ipb_range_start' in 'where clause' (localhost)".

and having a google around im finding that its a problem with the way that 5 handles 4.1's data (though there really isnt much on the net about this error

can anyone help?

Thanks

Alastair Jones
Methodology Group

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
error 1054: Unknown column
July 06, 2006 01:29AM
October 18, 2006 06:17PM
November 15, 2006 10:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.