MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Install and run
Posted by: stitson
Date: August 12, 2004 07:26PM

Hello,
I posted this message to the Newbie list yesterday, without a response - I didn't realise there was a list for installation questions, so I am re-posting most of it here.

I have installed MySQL and MySQL OBDC driver to my PC (Windows 98). In the Environment tab of WinMySQLAdmin is the following:

MYOBDC
Not Found
Driver Version (blank)
Driver C\Windows\System\myobdc3.dll
API Level (blank)
Setup C\Windows\System\myobdc3.dll
SQL Level (blank)

By "(blank)" I mean there is no input (the help screen sample indicates that these fields should be filled).

The my.ini setup is:
[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/MYSQL/bin/mysqld-opt.exe
user=
password=

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/MYSQL
#bind-address=127.0.0.1
datadir=C:/MYSQL/data
#language=C:/MYSQL/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M

Is this OK, or am I required to install or configure something further, or re-configure something I've already done (such as in the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator)? User and Password are empty because when installing the program I hit the spacebar once for each of these two fields, rather than type anything.
Also, can I make and set up a data table directly in MySQL (in the, or does it have to be done in code through PHP?
Basically all I really want to do is to convert an Access 97 table to MySQL format so that I can place it on my ISP's server, where visitors to my web site will be able to use a form to search for selected data (via PHP), and to display it on screen.
I'm finding all this pretty confusing at the moment.

Thanks,

Roger Stitson

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Install and run
August 12, 2004 07:26PM
August 14, 2004 05:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.