MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Problems WIth Mysql phpMyadmin and PHP
Posted by: endimion2
Date: September 08, 2004 05:14AM

I Have a Bad Problem with the in teht Title stated programs, better said with the wokingtogether.

Lets beginn with the installtion of MySQL

I Installed MySQL end everytime at the end of the Installation the Installation Programm Crashes with the Typical Windows XP Error Statement "Error Encounter do yu wanna send message" (sorry my mother tounge is German and my Windows XP to)

MySQLadmin is runnin without any Problems
Apache to is running without any Problems

I Added to the mysql database a user user with the password abcde and also entered this info into the config data of phpMyAdmin

Now when i start phpMyAdmin i get following error Msg in the Browser

----------------------------
cannot load MySQL extension,
please check PHP Configuration.
Documentation
------------------------------

The Documentation tells me this

--------------------------------------
[1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.
-------------------

I did how this told me and copied the php_mysql.dll in my systemroot folder ( C:\Windows) it is also in my PHP root folder and in the system32 folder

Can you give me tipps what can be done
I am really new to mysql and so, so please tell me in not to complicated ways

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems WIth Mysql phpMyadmin and PHP
September 08, 2004 05:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.