MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

log-slow-queries option...
Posted by: danb
Date: September 09, 2004 05:01PM

I've been dealing with a number of mysqld processes recently which don't seem to end and eat up 50M of memory at a time. None of our programmers are admitting to (or realizing) causing a potentially site stopping problem.
I've enabled the log-slow-queries option but I am wondering if this will even work correctly as it states:

"A statement is logged to the slow query log after it has been executed and after all locks have been released. Log order may be different from execution order." -- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Slow_query_log.html

So what of queries which end up running continuously and while not growing or decreasing in memory or CPU usage, never end. Are they logged if the queries run too long but never end?

If they aren't, is there another way to track down this problem without reviewing all of the possibly detrimental code produced in the last week? I've got logging setup on both our development and live servers so hopefully someone will reproduce the problem sooner or later.

Thanks
Dan Brown

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
log-slow-queries option...
September 09, 2004 05:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.