MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Check my.ini :: Might show you deeply embedded ibdata files..
Posted by: Cindy Sue Causey
Date: April 19, 2009 11:49PM

Been trying on and off for *several years* to complete the server circle into database.. Having a cognitively friendly moment this weekend, gave it another shot.. For whatever reason, got the closest yet..

A few weeks ago, I had gone the all-out route of deleting every single mention in Regedit as some suggest, but still nothing.. A few minutes ago, I got the very closest yet by doing the mysqld --console routine.. The first error that presented then brought me here.. Alex, something in your answer made me go back and really look at my my.ini file..

Turns out I *had* deleted those instances of ibdata in the ~/data file that I knew existed because that is where I told the system to put it via the wizard, BUT..

Looking at the my.ini file toggled by Alex's mention of it, I found instances I had *NO CLUE* were on the computer.. They were buried *DEEP* in My Docs because my.ini told them to go there, I guess.. Ah-HA..

Still working on it, including playing with changing the ~/data folder location via my.ini file.. Just popped in to leave this part of the process that worked for me while it is fresh in Mind in case it helps someone else..

Peace and best wishes from Talking Rock.. :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Check my.ini :: Might show you deeply embedded ibdata files..
April 19, 2009 11:49PM
May 27, 2008 04:21AM
January 01, 2008 11:48PM
May 17, 2008 09:16AM
January 31, 2008 04:17PM
A B
December 12, 2008 03:23AM
March 25, 2008 07:48PM
May 26, 2008 05:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.