MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Can't establish another instance or Windows service
Posted by: Gary Sprunk
Date: March 19, 2006 09:50PM

I'm a newbie to setting up client/servers. I have been building a MS Access database for 8 1/2 years, but it reached its file size limit of 1.99 GB. MySQL looks like the perfect choice for its new home--a limit of 2 TB!

I connected to MySQL initially and started importing my whole database. I stopped it after 16 hours--one record every 4 seconds was just too slow! I emptied some tables and tried again. After a few hours the import process stopped and it all shut down. Now I can't establish an instance, if that's what it's called. I'm so frustrated.

I have Windows XP Pro with lots of hard drive space and RAM. When I use the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard 1.0.8, with username "root" or "127.0.0.1" and Hostname "local" or "localhost" and Port 3306, I Execute and get a red X for Start Service. Error message: "Connection failed with error: MySQL Error Code (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'(0)."

At the Windows' ODBC Data Source Administrator User Data Sources, MySQL 5.0 is not listed.

At Services (Local), when I try to start MySQL5, I get "Could not start the MySQL5 service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectantly."

I have carefully reinstalled MySQL several times and tried to notice every detail, but I'm at my wit's end. Help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't establish another instance or Windows service
March 19, 2006 09:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.