MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Cannot Install MySQL
Posted by: John Phoenix
Date: April 25, 2009 02:59AM

Hi,

I want to use MySQL as a simple database for my OpenSim home network. I cannot get it to install no matter what installation or configuration option I choose.

Once I get down to the 'Execute' button, the mouse animates like it's working, but nothing happens, it just sits there for a long time. I have tried to reinstall many times with the same results. Sometimes at this point the MySQL window goes blank. After a while, I bring up the Task Manager which tells me MySQL is not responding, so I close it from there. I have tried downloading another copy of the software and it does the exact same.

I am running XP Pro. I do notice that something has installed Microsoft SQL but I don't use it.. it must be needed for another program I have. I do not know if this could cause a problem or not, so I thought I would mention it.

Is there a log someplace I could post to help you guys figure out what is wrong?

Thank You, I look forward to your replies.

John Phoenix

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot Install MySQL
April 25, 2009 02:59AM
April 25, 2009 07:41AM
April 26, 2009 04:50AM
April 25, 2009 07:47AM
April 27, 2009 11:17AM
April 26, 2009 07:40AM
April 28, 2009 07:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.