MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Cannot start SSH tunnel manager - frustration beyond belief.
Posted by: mike smith
Date: April 08, 2011 07:09PM

I can't believe how many hours I've wasted trying to get MySQL Workbench to run. The error - and I'm certainly not alone in this am I - is the dreaded "Cannot start SSH tunnel manager". MySQL is fine, can create from the command line, but I cannot for the life of me get workbench (version 5.2.33) to connect.

After much reading and suggestions that it could be down to python and ENV I added a env var called PYTHONHOME and set it to python sub-dir of workbench. Still didn't work.

Out of desperation I downloaded the earlier version (5.2.31) only to be told that because I have .NET framework 4.0... I can't even install it as it demands v3.5!

Tell me, is this some sort of f***** plan to drive your customers insane? In this day and age is this what passes for an installation?

You know this version is fubared, so at least provide your customers with something they can actually use.

Come september we're going with TOAD, and should any of my students ask me why, I'll have no hesitation in explaning why.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot start SSH tunnel manager - frustration beyond belief.
April 08, 2011 07:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.