MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Migrating Databases within Newer Versions of MySQL
Posted by: Michael Redlich
Date: May 20, 2014 04:19AM

I have three versions of MySQL installed on my Mac OSX. The problem first started when I upgraded to OSX Mavericks, but MySQL is running again after upgrading twice. I can't seem to find a solution on how to move the databases that are still located in MySQL version 5.6.10.

After each upgrade, I noticed that each upgrade cleans up the directories from the previous versions except for the directories containing the databases. For example:

/usr/local
/mysql-5.6.10-osx.7-x86_64
/mysql-5.6.16-osx.7-x86_64
/mysql-5.6.17-osx.7-x86_64

My existing databases are in the 5.6.10 folder. When I had version 5.6.16 running, I tried to copy an exisiting database folder from the 5.6.10 directory, but it wasn't recognized.

I tried the Data Migration feature on MySQL Workbench on 5.6.17, but it would appear that it only recognized anything from the previous version, 5.6.16.

I would appreciate any help on gaining access and/or migrating my existing databases from 5.6.10. Thanks!

Mike.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrating Databases within Newer Versions of MySQL
May 20, 2014 04:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.