MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

New install for Mojave with 8.0.13
Posted by: pablo Yan
Date: December 09, 2018 10:03PM

I had downloaded the .dmg package with the version 8.0.13 for Mojave . Install good , but when I want connect the mysql with the workbench , it said
"Your connection attempt failed for user 'root' from your host to server at localhost:3306:
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"
so I did these two thins:
1.open the "System Preferences-->MySQL"first , I had been saw mysql working well;
2.open bash , fill in the command "sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables",yes I want to reset the root PWD , but I got this
"localhost:mysql paper$ sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables
Password:
2018-12-10T03:39:21.6NZ mysqld_safe Logging to '/usr/local/mysql/data/localhost.err'.
2018-12-10T03:39:22.6NZ mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
2018-12-10T03:39:24.6NZ mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/localhost.pid ended"

so how can I reset the PWD ?
Anyone can help me ?
Thanks a lot , first !

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
New install for Mojave with 8.0.13
December 09, 2018 10:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.