MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQLInstallerConsole default_authentication_plugin arguemnt
Posted by: Marek Poláček
Date: January 21, 2019 05:32AM

Hi,
I try to perform silent installation of mysql server via MySQLInstallerConsole.

The command I use is "MySQLInstallerConsole community install -silent server;8.0.13;x64:*:type=config;servertype=Server;openfirewall=true;generallog=true;serverid=3306;enable_tcpip=true;port=3306;default_authentication_plugin=default_authentication_plugin;rootpasswd=SomePassword;installdir="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQLServer 8.0";datadir="D:\database":type=user;username=SomeUsername;password=Somepassword;role=DBManager".

But the installator return a "MySQL Server 8.0.13 - default_authentication_plugin is not a proper value for type DefaultAuthenticationPlugin"message.

The whole output of commaind is
"=================== Start Initialization ===================
MySQL Installer is running in Community mode

Attempting to update manifest.
Initializing product requirements
Loading product catalog
Checking for product catalog snippets
Checking for product packages in the bundle
Categorizing product catalog
Finding all installed packages.
Your product catalog was last updated at 14.01.2019 10:17:48
=================== End Initialization ===================

MySQL Server 8.0.13 - default_authentication_plugin is not a proper value for type DefaultAuthenticationPlugin"

My question is: What are the proper values for default_authentication_plugin arguments? What is the proper value for mysql_native_password?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQLInstallerConsole default_authentication_plugin arguemnt
January 21, 2019 05:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.