MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Old MySQL version settings
Posted by: Merlin Westphal
Date: July 14, 2020 11:55PM

Hey,

the company that I work for uses an old webshop based on PHP. It has been programmed by a single freelancer and the code is pretty ugly.

However, the shop used to work fine until our hoster decided to update our MySQL database from 5.6 to 8. Now our webshop is not working properly and I found out it's because of invalid sql queries being generated by the PHP code.

I set up an instance of MySQL 5.6 on a linux server to get the webshop working until we fix the problems in the code, but it doesn't seem to work with the default settings of version 5.6 either.

Does anyone know what the freelancer did to get rid of this error (without fixing the code):
(1136): Column count doesn't match value count at row 1.

This happens everywhere in the code and it worked fine until the MySQL update, so there must be a way. This must be some configuration property to ignore the error and just insert the fields provided.

I need a fast solution to get the shop working again before I can start debugging the code.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Old MySQL version settings
July 14, 2020 11:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.