MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Uninstall MySQL 1.2.9 after VS removed
Posted by: B C
Date: December 08, 2020 11:49PM

I had a trial copy of Xamarin VS Community 2019 installed to test during a project. Another part of the project involved a MySQL database that I wanted to interrogate. I installed MySQL for Visual Studio 1.2.9 thinking it would help, but realized quickly that it was intended more as a helper for programming. Since my trial of VS was running out, I removed it thinking it would uninstall all dependent applications. It appears that I am now left with a full install of MySQL for VS but no way to remove it as the installer/uninstaller checks for VS prior to launching. Is there another method to remove MySQL without reinstalling VS first? That seems like a lot of wasted time to remove a small tool but if it's the only viable option I will proceed. I don't know if I still have the VS installer so it would be easier for me to just perform a manual install from a list of commands if one could be provided.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Uninstall MySQL 1.2.9 after VS removed
B C
December 08, 2020 11:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.