MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

sha256_password deprecated warnings filling logs
Posted by: Greg Turner
Date: May 14, 2020 05:21PM

I've configured an InnoDB MySQL v8.0.19 Group Replication Cluster in single-primary mode. I have several webapps accessing the cluster via their own MySQL Router instance in a 1:1 relationship, as per the suggested pattern.

Everything appears to be working fine, but the logs for my primary server are being filled with the following message:

[Warning] [MY-013360] [Server] Plugin sha256_password reported: ''sha256_password' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use caching_sha2_password instead'

Dumping the mysql.user table, I see that the generated mysql_router users are using the 'mysql_native_password' plugin, and all other users are using the correct 'caching_sha2_password' plugin.

These mysql routers are the only clients accessing the server, so I suspect it's complaining about how it's accessing the cluster.

Anyone know how to fix this warning?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.