MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Error Code 13
Posted by: Valerie McClintick
Date: September 15, 2007 10:37PM

(mods-I looked for the right forum to post this, I hope I chose the right one, if not please let me know and move it accordingly, I know things are easier when their tidy :)

Hi, I am new to MySQL, and am having some problems with an Error Code.
Recently I installed OpenAds and it was working just fine. Then about a week ago a portion isn't working anymore (I cannot see the statistics for the ads)

Now it says the following error

Due to a problem with the database Openads couldn't retrieve or store data. If this problem is reproducable it might be caused by a bug in Openads. Please report the following information to the creators of Openads. Also try to describe the actions that led to this error as clearly as possible.

Version: Openads 2.0.11-pr1 (200.314)
PHP 4.3.11 / MySQL 4.1.14
Page: /Openads/admin/stats-global-client.php
Error: File './OpenAds/phpads_adstats.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
Query: SELECT bannerid, sum(views) as views, sum(clicks) as clicks FROM phpads_adstats GROUP BY bannerid

I went to Openads to recieve guidance and they told me that it wasn't an error with OpenAds, but with my database. Here's what they said.

"What you're seeing isn't an error with Openads, but with your database.

Unfortunately it seems that your database's core files have been either moved, corrupted, deleted, or hidden.

You may want to contact your host about repairing your tables or checking the permission on the table's core MYD files.

Doing a google search, it seems user have this issue with MySQL every once in a while, although I didn't find a full fix anywhere:
http://drupal.org/node/35987 "

Is there anyone that can help me to figure out what happened and how to fix it? How can I fix the database files? I contacted my host who said they can only reinstall the database and that I'd loose all my information already there! I don't want to loose everything if possible, is there a way around this?

I appreciate any help you can offer, I am so new to this, and it's hard for me to understand what the real problem is.

Thanks,

God Bless,

Valerie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error Code 13
September 15, 2007 10:37PM
September 21, 2007 01:38AM
September 22, 2007 04:05AM
October 01, 2007 10:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.