MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard...Error
Posted by: Nate Davenport
Date: January 29, 2008 10:44AM

I've installed MySQL onto Windows Vista home and it looks okay during initial instalation. When I leave the box checked to configure an instance, the wizard never loads. If I go to configure an instance using the wizard by running the .exe directly, I get this odd error I've never seen before: "This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application even log for more detail."

The event viewer shows the following:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\MySQLInstanceConfig.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\MySQLInstanceConfig.exe" on line 6. The value "asAdministrator" of attribute "level" in element "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1^requestedPrivileges" is invalid.

I've tried running the file as administrator (right click for that option) and that was of no use either.

I have no darn clue what is going on at this point and searching across the internet has not produced any better luck either. Please help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 10:46AM by Nate Davenport.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard...Error
January 29, 2008 10:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.