MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Replication usage
Posted by: Dope Fishhh
Date: September 12, 2004 11:19PM

Is there anything stoping two databases considering each other as the master (or slave depending upon how you look at it).

The problem i'm trying to solve is keeping two databases synchronized when the changes may occur on either database and I have no option to limit changes to one of them. One database will be operating off a website, and the other off a laptop used for administration at an event where no internet connection will be available.

I was considering making the two databases both a master and a slave, thus i can update both ways at my leisure.

I've noted though that may cause changes to double up every update back and forth, ie the update changes are recorded and reapplied to the database they came from originally when it goes to do an update. Is it possible to stop the system from logging the synchronization changes or clear those logs once it's over.

any suggestions or things i should know?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Replication usage
September 12, 2004 11:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.