MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

5.0.51 on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 Installation issues
Posted by: Brian Peters
Date: March 05, 2008 04:17PM

Hey Gang,

I have been struggling a bit with an installation of 5.0.51 from the source. This is not my first time compiling a program in this nature but this one seems to be giving me a terrible fuss. As mentioned in the subject this is an installation of 5.0.51 on a SPARC 64bit machine running Solaris 10 (08/07 w/dev cd). The dependencies have been built ground up utilizing blastwave.org for the more basic and tedious. Some have been compiled from source as well. Here is the error I am receiving:

g++ -O3 -DDBUG_OFF -fno-implicit-templates -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DHAVE_RWLOCK_T -o .libs/mysql mysql.o readline.o sql_string.o completion_hash.o ../cmd-line-utils/libedit/libedit.a -lcurses ../libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.so -L/cadvault/gbocadsrv2/www/pkgs/3rdparty/openssl/openssl-0.9.8f/lib -L/opt/csw/lib -lposix4 -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lm -lssl -lcrypto -lz -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/cadvault/gbocadsrv2/www/pkgs/3rdparty/mysql/mysql-5.0.51/lib/mysql
/opt/csw/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bin/ld: ../libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.so: dlclose: invalid version 6 (max 0)
../libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.so: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [mysql] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/cadvault/gbocadsrv2/www/src/3rdparty/mysql/mysql-5.0.51/client'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/cadvault/gbocadsrv2/www/src/3rdparty/mysql/mysql-5.0.51'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

The config argument passed looks as such:

./configure --prefix=/cadvault/gbocadsrv2/www/pkgs/3rdparty/mysql/mysql-5.0.
51 --with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infi
le --with-zlib-dir=/opt/csw --enable-assembler --with-named-curses-libs=-lcurses
--enable-shared --with-mysql-user=gbosqladm --with-openssl=/cadvault/gbocadsrv2
/www/pkgs/3rdparty/openssl/openssl-0.9.8f --with-low-memory

Final notes on packages that might be of interest:

GCC 3.4.6 (with most recent dependencies)
automake 1.9 (due to rumors of issues with 1.10)
gmake 3.81
binutils 2.17

If you have any other questions about specifics please do not hesitate to ask. I have been wrestling with this for quite some time and cannot seem to isolate the dlclose error to a specific package. I seem to recall it being a portion of the ld package and hence binutils but cannot find a fix via that route.

Any help on this one is vastly appreciated.

Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
5.0.51 on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 Installation issues
March 05, 2008 04:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.