MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Service won't restart (Error 1067) - Windows - With existing database
Posted by: Iain Scott
Date: May 11, 2012 01:41PM

Hi,

I stopped the MySQL service (From MySQL Workbench) and couldn't restart it, either from Workbench or Services Manager.

I have been through many topics in the Forum that deal with this particular error, namely:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,11388,11388

But they all deal with initial installs, and removing database data, which I clearly need.

So, I have:
1. taken a backup of the folders (that contain the .frm, .myd, .myi files) and the ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1 and ibdata.
2. Removed the c:\programData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\ folder
3. Removed all references to MySQL Server 5.5, and uninstalled it
4. Tried to reinstall MySQL Server 5.5 with no luck. It would get to the dialog screen where it attempts to start the service for the first time and freeze.
5. However, Successfully installed MySQL Server 5.6
6. Started the service fine. Stopped the service and restarted it all fine.
7. Copied across my backed up \data\ files (not including ib_logfile0/1 and not ibdata1) and found that (in Workbench) most of my data is missing (particularly where the corresponding .myd and .myi files are missing)
8. I have therefore copied across my ibdata1, and both ib_logfile0/1 across too (assuming this is where my data is) and I'm back to square 1, where I cannot start the Service.

I assume therefore, that there's something with these files that's preventing the service starting, but that my data is in there - which I desparately need.

Please help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.