MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Server 5.5.25-winx64 fails: error Nr. 1045
Posted by: Lucas Layman
Date: June 21, 2012 10:06AM

Hi,

I am re-installing mysql on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64bit.

I completely deleted my previous MySQL installation folders. I used all the default installation settings except for changing to port to 3366 and adding an administrator password. Port 3366 already has a Windows firewall exception and I have used this port with success previously on this machine.

The error occurs on the Instance Configuration Wizard when executing the configuration. Prepare configuration, Write configuration file, and Start service pass. The installation fails on the "Apply security settings" step. Here is the error:

"The security settings could not be applied to the database because the connection has failed with the following error.

Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure that you have opened the TCP port 3366 connections. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please press [Retry] to apply the security settings.

If you are re-installing after you just uninstalled the MySQL server please note that the data directory was not removed automatically. Therefore the old password from your last installations is still needed to connect to the server. In this case please select skip now and re-run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu."

Maybe it is worth noting the "using password: NO" text. I definitely configured a password.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server 5.5.25-winx64 fails: error Nr. 1045
June 21, 2012 10:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.