MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Install and ODBC problem
Posted by: Jeff A
Date: December 06, 2012 11:40AM

I'm having a problem connecting to a new MySQL 64bit installation using odbc with a W2008 server. I've successfully installed the odbc 5.2.2 64bit connector and have successfully configured a system DSN using it. When I use that ODBC connection from an application, I get the error, "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application." I've checked on the web and get various solutions including installing the 32 bit ODBC connector instead of the 64bit, installing an older version of the connector, etc. If I try to install a 32 bit version, the driver does not appear in the driver list in ODBC regardless of what connector version I use - so that doesn't seem to be an option. The application I'm trying to connect from is Visual Studio 2010, which, I thought was a 64 bit application, so I'm unsure what's going on. Can someone please explain in simple terminology because I'm new to this?

Thanks

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Install and ODBC problem
December 06, 2012 11:40AM
December 06, 2012 11:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.