MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: MySQL is running 8,000% slower on CentOS 6x than CentOS 5x. Maybe ext4 related?
Posted by: Michael Reed
Date: July 01, 2013 07:28PM

Barry Galbraith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you try the fix posted at the bottom of the
> bug report?
> Did it work for you?

Thank you Barry for your reply.

As I indicated in my original post, yes I tried it, and it greatly improved performance, but was still 400% worse than previous CentOS 5x. Also, barriers provide some reliability benefits which will not be provided with this fix (note that I first thought ext3 didn't default to enabling barriers, but evidently it does).

So, I am having a hard time answering whether it worked for me. What would you reply given these results?

My impulsive side say's "this must be a bug", but my realistic side says "there is no way you found this, and you must be doing something wrong". Usually, my realistic side is right, but I am at a total lose. I cannot be the first one observing this, and very much hope you can shed some light.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL is running 8,000% slower on CentOS 6x than CentOS 5x. Maybe ext4 related?
July 01, 2013 07:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.