MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

(Un)Installing MySQL for Visual Studio problems
Posted by: Nick Thissen
Date: September 09, 2015 06:28AM

I am trying to install the latest version of MySQL for Visual Studio (1.2.4), but I am failing in every step.

1. Install of the application fails with no real error and does a rollback. Application is not installed after. Using logging I can see the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL for Visual Studio 1.0.2\Assemblies\v2.0\MySql.Data.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

2. I still had version 1.0.2 installed so I tried removing this. Same problem, it does a rollback.

3. I tried to uninstall via the MySQL Installer software (latest version). This also fails, with no error messages except "Failed".

4. I tried upgrading to 1.2.4 via MySQL Installer: also failed.

5. I tried to uninstall v1.0.2 with some other software (Revo uninstaller etc). Now my system can no longer see that it has been installed, but the installer for 1.2.4 still fails. Further, the MySQL Installer still thinks it is installed and does not allow me to Install it (because it already is), and Update (to 1.2.4) or Remove still fail.

I am at a loss. How can I completely remove MySQL so I can simply start over? My system is unusable now as I need MySQL for Visual Studio 2015.

Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
(Un)Installing MySQL for Visual Studio problems
September 09, 2015 06:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.