MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Cannot start MYSQL after a reboot - no explicit changes
Posted by: Andrew Hardy
Date: January 28, 2016 07:53AM

MySQL complete newbie.

I installed MySQL for a bugzilla installation.

I have Win 7 Pro x64. I could not find a MySQL Windows installer for this OS (only for x86) only a zip for x64.

see:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

I downloaded zip for 5.7.10 for Win7 x64 and unzipped to c:\mysql

Everything worked fine. Bugzilla created the database and tables and operated fine creating further entries via the web site for a variety of different entities, so I have a significant amount of data created and time and data invested.

I rebooted the machine (nothing else) and now mysqld will not start (manually) and the suggested upgrade resolution will not run either. See below. Any help and advice much appreciated.

Opened cmd as Administrator.

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --console
2016-01-28T10:18:56.297409Z 0 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
2016-01-28T10:18:56.842440Z 0 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.user' doesn't exist
2016-01-28T10:18:56.845440Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting

C:\mysql\bin>mysql_upgrade
mysql_upgrade: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) while connecting to the MySQL server
Upgrade process encountered error and will not continue.

C:\mysql\bin>

I have a root user password and a bugzilla user name and pasword.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot start MYSQL after a reboot - no explicit changes
January 28, 2016 07:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.