MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Upgrading from MySql server from 5.6 to 5.7.
Posted by: Rishabh Kediyal
Date: January 04, 2017 03:20AM

I am attempting to do an in-place upgrade for MySQL server from 5.6.31 to 5.7.14.
I have with me .msi files for 5.7.14 and 5.6.35
when I execute the .msi files it detects the previously installed version of the server and provides me options to remove, upgrade etc.
When I attempt to upgrade from 5.6. to 5.6.35, through the .msi file of 5.6.35 it happens seamlessly, whereas for 5.7.14 I am confronted with a message stating "none of the products have upgrades available".
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/upgrading.html - in this link it clearly states that "Upgrading one release level is supported."

The .msi for 5.7.14's server is present in "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Installer for Windows\Product Cache" folder at the time when I attempt to upgrade. then why is it giving me the error message?

Can you please help me do an in-place upgrade, up a release level, without having to uninstall the existing version and reinstalling the new one (without loosing the existing database)?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Upgrading from MySql server from 5.6 to 5.7.
January 04, 2017 03:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.