MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Error installing mysql-installer-community-5.7.17 edition
Posted by: Scott M
Date: September 26, 2017 09:45PM

Hi there
I have installed MySQL Community edition (developer setup) a number of times and keeping getting an error at the 'Applying Security Settings' stage. When I look at the log its says- Authentication to 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message access denied for user root@localhost (using password: YES).

The install process then finishes. I happens near the end of the install, and I am able to start the MySql server and also the Workbench and all the menu options in the windows program menu list, but am not able to set a connection. It does not seem to recognize the password of any logins and wont make the connection to the server tho it recognizes the server as running.

I have tried to reset the passwords using the console for root and other user accounts I created during the install but it does not make any difference. I have tried to follow a few of the the suggestions for server connection failures but to no avail using MySQL workbench, and I have no doubt its tied to this 'Applying Security Settings' install error on my windows 7 64bit laptop.

If anyone can give me any advice on how to get around this installation error, I'd be most appreciative as I cant use MySQL otherwise.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.