MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Error installing mysql-installer-community-5.7.17 edition
Posted by: Scott M
Date: October 09, 2017 09:39PM

Barry thank you for taking the time to post a response to my question regarding the drama i was having installing MySQL. It seems something went wrong with my original install and I tried installing it again a number of times, but had not fully uninstalled the previous version/s. I ended up finding a post similar to the error I was getting and the advice there was to totally wipe out any past trace of MySQL, related directories and registry entries.

When I tried to re-install the first time I didn't uninstall all prior programs. the second time I thought I had but still left the main directory + whatever references remained in the registry. This time I uninstalled every MYSQL application from windows + manually deleted any references to MySQL from the registry and hey presto when I installed it the next time, it passed the security step I was getting errors on before, and fully installed and is now working fine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.