MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Help with Silent Installation of Connector/Python
Posted by: Tony Morrow
Date: February 02, 2018 02:33PM

Hi everyone,

When using MySQLInstallerConsole.exe to perform silent installations, what is the product code for Connector/Python 3.4 2.1.7-x64? This is on a Windows 10 desktop. The codes for all the other connectors are formatted like "Connector/Net;6.1.6;x86" but the but there are two different versions of the Python connector depending on if you are using Python 2.7 or 3.4. If I use the command "MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install connector/python;2.1.7;x64" I'm asked if I want to install the 3.4 or 2.7 version and because of that I can't use the -silent flag. How do I specify to MySQLInstallerConsole.exe I want to install the 3.4 version of the python connector?

I can't find enough detailed documentation on the application to answer it myself. I looked at the products.xml manifest and see the connector listed, but the name is "Connector/Python 3.4 [version]" while the other connectors are just "Connector/Net". Trying to enclose the name in double quotes or single quotes makes MySQLInstallerConsole.exe return saying no products were found.

Commands I've tried:
MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install connector/python;2.1.7;x64 > asks if I want to install 2.7 and 3.4
MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install connector/python 3.4 > ignores "3.4" and asks if I want to install all versions of the connector
MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install "connector/python 3.4" > product not found
MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install 'connector/python 3.4' > product not found
MySQLInstallerConsole.exe community install connector/python\ 3.4 > product not found (was hoping "\" would be read like an escape character)

Does anybody have an idea? I've did my best to search using Google for most of the day and so far I've been unsuccessful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help with Silent Installation of Connector/Python
February 02, 2018 02:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.