MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Install on Windows S10/64 : unknown charset 0.0
Posted by: Hubert CANEVET
Date: April 06, 2018 08:46AM

Hello everybody,

I am trying to install MySql on a Windows 10 / 64 bits system, to use it with Visual Studio.

Some steps have already been crossed. I only saw installer for 32 bits platform, tried with the ZIP, had no success, decided to try the 32 bits installer and it appeared adapted to both platforms sizes. It failed for it claims Python 3.4. I was very proud of having installed Python 3.6 from https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-365/ as the last version shown on their main download page is 2.7 but the installation program still said Python 3.4 was not installed.

Well, as soon as I had installed the .Net connector, the installer woke up.

Now it did the installation, but failed initializing the database, as "mysqld: Character set '0.0' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\share\charsets\Index.xml' file".

Well, right that a certain number of charsets are defined in that file, but not 0.0

I promise that I never ordered anybody to use charset 0.0, or I did not know it.

What should I do ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Install on Windows S10/64 : unknown charset 0.0
April 06, 2018 08:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.