MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Write an own installation for MySQL Server
Posted by: Peter Thometzki
Date: April 19, 2018 03:01AM

Hello to everybody

I have a Windows 7 Professional PC and want to write an installation program for MySQL Server 5.7.21.

In short, I have a self-written program which starts and uses a mysql server. The work with the mysql Server is not a problem. My issue is the installation of the mysqld server.

For a user-friendly and easy use of my future program, it is necessary that I have to write an own installation protocol for the mysql server.
In the installations process should all options be predeterminate by my own program. In short if someone other installs my program, the user has only to choose the save file location and click only the install button. All other settings should be predeterminate.

I looked for tutorials and read a part of the “MySQL 5.7 Reference Manual”.

Could someone give me a link to a good tutorial or send me hints or description how to install a mysql server without any installation programs from a third party?

Thanks in advance

Kinde regards

Peter T.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Write an own installation for MySQL Server
April 19, 2018 03:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.