MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Non-Interactive, Unattended Install of MySQL 8 on Debian/ Ubuntu
Posted by: Monosij Dutta-Roy
Date: May 22, 2018 11:26AM

Hi Lars -

Thanks for your help. The -E helped with the install of mysql-apt-config_0.8.10-1_all.deb.

However it got stuck at setting up of root password which has been working for setting up MySQL from the local Ubuntu repo. Regardless I added a -E to that as well but did not help. I did not need the -E when setting up from local Ubuntu.

export DEBIAN_FRONTEND="noninteractive";
sudo -E debconf-set-selections <<< 'mysql-community-server mysql-server/root_password password mysql';
sudo -E debconf-set-selections <<< 'mysql-community-server mysql-server/root_password_again password mysql';

Also after setting up repo for MySQL 8, the command:
sudo apt-get install -y mysql-server; - installs mysql-community-server as shown below.

Thus, I changed my debconf above to mysql-community-server and tried with installing mysql-community-server, but still got stuck at root password.

How would I install mysql-server 8 on Ubuntu please.

Also am a little confused as installing mysql-community-server on CentOS/ Fedora installs mariadb-server.

Is mariadb-server exactly same as mysql-community-server?

Thank you for your clarifications again.

Mono

OUTPUT:

Setting up mysql-community-server (8.0.11-1ubuntu18.04) ... --- Happens regardless of setting up mysql-server

--- and then screen breaks again to the below, showing up in middle of screen ---

vUBUNTU2: emitting matrix : 42% |################## |
vUBUNTU2: Package configuration┌──────────────────┤ Configuring mysql-community-server ├──────────────────┐│ Please provide a strong password that will be set for the root account ││ of your MySQL database. Leave it blank to enable password less login││ using UNIX socket based authentication.││││ Enter root password:││││ ________________________________________________________________________ ││││<Ok>│││└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Non-Interactive, Unattended Install of MySQL 8 on Debian/ Ubuntu
May 22, 2018 11:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.