MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Non-Interactive, Unattended Install of MySQL 8 on Debian/ Ubuntu
Posted by: Monosij Dutta-Roy
Date: May 23, 2018 07:32AM

Hi Lars -

Thanks! Worked great.

Now I am stuck at below screen for SHA256-based password. This is a new screen for MySQL 8. Was not in 5.7.

If you are able to please let me know what selection to set to get over this will much appreciate.

Also, hope there are no further screens to go over.

On a separate note - is there a way to 'just' install MySQL on Debian and set these options later through mysql_secure_installation.

It would be great if mysql_secure_installation could take care of these issues and leave the installation just for the install. Is there a param that could do that?

On RHEL/ SuSE these options are set later I believe.

On that note I posted some question for CentOS/ Fedora as well that is yet unanswered. If you could please provide some suggestions there would be much appreciated.

https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,666421,666421#msg-666421

Thank you.

Mono

Package configuration┌──────────────────┤ Configuring mysql-community-server ├───────────────────┐│││ MySQL 8 uses a new authentication based on improved SHA256-based│ password methods. It is recommended that all new MySQL Server│ installations use this method going forward. This new authentication│ plugin requires new versions of connectors and clients, with support for│ this new 8 authentication (caching_sha2_password). Currently MySQL 8│ Connectors and community drivers built with libmysqlclient21 support│ this new method. Clients built with older versions of libmysqlclient may│ not be able to connect to the new server.││ To retain compatibility with older client software, the default│ authentication plugin can be set to the legacy value│ (mysql_native_password) This should only be done if required third-party│ software has not been updated to work with the new authentication│ method. The change will be written to the file│ /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/default-auth-override.cnf││<Ok>││└───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘ : 45% |################### |

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Non-Interactive, Unattended Install of MySQL 8 on Debian/ Ubuntu
May 23, 2018 07:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.