MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Need to restore MySQL to another server old server crashed
Posted by: Bodywise ITDept
Date: May 31, 2018 01:50PM

our MySql version 5.5 server crashed and cannot be rebooted into Windows server 2008. I can access the server from a command prompt using my Windows 2008 media. I have a Windows 2003 server running the same version of MySql 5.5. I can copy files and folders from the crashed server using a USB drive, works very well.

I would like to move the data directory to this old 2003 server, will this work?

One problem of several is the file structure on the 2003 server is different. All MySql programs and data reside in Program Files(x86). On the crashed 2008 server the MySql folder is Program Files and the data folder is in the hidden ProgramData folder. My plan is to install Mysql on my Windows 7 desktop so that the Mysql data folders are the same as the 2008 structure. Copy the folders from the crashed 2008 server to my desktop. If Mysql will run and i can access the databases then dump them from my desktop and import them to MySQL on the 2003 server.

does this sound feasible?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need to restore MySQL to another server old server crashed
May 31, 2018 01:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.