MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Add MySQL DB schema to my Wix installer
Posted by: guy berlin
Date: October 18, 2018 07:14AM

hi,

i have a wix toolset installation project that currently install MYSQL schema using a command line action execution.
I wonder if there is a way to create a SQL DB schema using WIX toolset like the wix SQLExtension or ODBCDataSource, i failed using both...

SQLExtension seems to support only MS SQL:
<sql:SqlDatabase Id='SqlDatabase' Database='Foobar' User='SQLUser' Server='[SQLSERVER]'
CreateOnInstall='yes' DropOnUninstall='yes' ContinueOnError='yes'>
<sql:SqlScript Id='CreateTable' BinaryKey='CreateTable' ExecuteOnInstall='yes' />
</sql:SqlDatabase>

ODBC approce:
<File Id="MyDriver" Source="C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 8.0\myodbc8w.dll">
<ODBCDriver Id="MySQLODBCDriver" Name="MY SQL ODBC driver 8.0">

<ODBCDataSource Id="OdbcDataSource_MySqlDataSource"
Registration="machine"
KeyPath="yes"
Name="MySqlDataSource">

fails as well:
Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver: MY SQL ODBC driver 8.0, ODBC error 13: The setup routines for the MY SQL ODBC driver 8.0 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 193: .. Verify that the file MY SQL ODBC driver 8.0 exists and that you can access it.

has anyone succeeded installing a MySQL DB (tables + storeprocedures) directly from wix toolset installation project ?

regards,
guy.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Add MySQL DB schema to my Wix installer
October 18, 2018 07:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.