MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Cannot install mysql-server 5.7 on Lubuntu 19.04
Posted by: William Maloney
Date: August 17, 2019 07:05PM

I recently installed Lubuntu 19.04 on my primary machine (after nearly a decade of using various iterations of Kubuntu), and have been unable to install MySQL server. I tried, first, using the tasksel utility to install the whole LAMP stack, but it failed in the process of attempting to install MySQL. I then tried installing just MySQL using apt-get, but got the same failure message, even after issuing the command

apt purge mysql-server mysql-server-5.7

The error message has consistently been:
ERROR: Unable to start MySQL server:
mysqld: Can't read dir of '/etc/mysql/conf.d' (Error: 2 - No such file or directory)
mysqld: [ERROR] Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted!

Looking at the /etc/mysql subdirectory, I find a file named mysql.conf.d, but none named simply conf.d. And when I tried re-naming the mysql.conf.d file to conf.d, I got another error message complaining of the absence of the mysql.conf.d file.

It appears that both files are needed, but the installer is creating only the one. What am I missing?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot install mysql-server 5.7 on Lubuntu 19.04
August 17, 2019 07:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.