MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Service Will Not Start / Windows Server 2012
Posted by: Dennis St. John
Date: August 25, 2020 08:31AM

Preface: I am a Microsoft SQL DBA. I know just enough about MySQL to get by. That said, I have been called in to repair a MySQL installation.

Main Problem: MySQL service fails to start.

However, I can get the mysql engine fired up, no problem, but only through the --console via the command line. I can also access the installation via MySQL Workbench. However, no Schemas are present.

All of the database files that used to be connected in this installation reside at C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data. However, when mysql is fired up via the console, it seems to want to use this folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data as it's data folder. Even if I change the reference to the data directory in the my.ini file, it only uses C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data. I found this out by creating a test schema (database) called "testing123", which I was easily able to create with mysql up and running and seeing where the folder landed in the file system.

There are a handful of databases that were previously up and running in C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data. All data files are in tact. How can I restore these files?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.