MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Copying mysql and related programs to new desktop computer
Posted by: JOY LINDSEY
Date: November 02, 2020 08:21PM

I'm not a programmer, computer whiz or anything even remotely close. Instead, I'm a small business owner whose programmer/computer whiz passed away unexpectedly and I am needing some assistance.

We have custom programs (written by the deceased) that are operating well on Computer A. I need to add these programs to Computer B. In the past, I've had dumb luck just copying and pasting all of the programs over, pushing a few buttons and voila, they worked. On the few occasions where that didn't work, my programmer was always able to step me through some actions over the phone and get them functioning properly.

Since I don't really "speak computer," I'm not even sure how to ask the right questions on this forum. I ask for your patience and understanding. I'm pretty sure that my main problem, at this point, is that I'm unable to "connect to the local host."

Is there someone out there who might be able to assist me and/or put me in contact with someone who can assist?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Copying mysql and related programs to new desktop computer
November 02, 2020 08:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.