MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Can I copy installed mysql from ubuntu to centos7 directly without installation?
Posted by: Bjørn Munch
Date: May 20, 2021 02:17AM

No I'm afraid this is not going to work, because of incompatible library dependencies. For example, if your Ubuntu is 18.04 or later, the server is expecting openssl 1.1.1 but Centos7 has openssl 1.0.2. There may also be dependencies on some OS features which are different between Ubuntu and Centos.

If you want to run the same binaries across different Linux variants, your best choice is probably to use the "generic linux" tarballs. From

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

You can choose "Linux - Generic" and select the "Linux - Generic (glibc 2.17)" Minimal Install. This should work fine on Centos7 and I think it also should work on Ubuntu unless you have a very old Ubuntu. If this doesn't work, try the "Linux - Generic (glibc 2.12)". Make sure to pick the 64-bit unless you're running a 32-bit system.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.